Tips to help your battery last longer
This application needs to use GPS hardware quite often and also connectivity features such as Wireless network or 3G data transfer. These features demand some extra power from the device's battery, reducing its autonomy.
Here are some tips to help you minimize that effect:
- Purchase a high capacity battery, or at least higher capacity than the default battery shipped with the device.
- Disable data synchronization (if you don't need it) for gmail, calendar, etc.
- Fetch for new email from internet less often.
- Establish a reasonable frecuency for Twitter, Flicker y Facebook.
- Disable other non mandatory automatic updates (time services, weather services, etc.)
- Disable wireless network and bluetooth when they are not in use.
- Disable "always active" option from the mobile data connection.
- Buy a higher speed internet connection, reducing upload/download times you will reduce connection times and will save battery.